Wednesday 19 May 2010

I Predict A Riot...

...as Topshop launch yet another one of their genious designer collaborations. Meadham Kirchoff's SS10 capsule collection lands in selected stores and online at http://www.topshop.com/ tomorrow. With a theme which I'm calling, 'Gothic Fairytale,' all antique rose lace, black mesh, jagged hems and more than a touch of transparency, the collection looks set to be just as popular as those previously designed by Christopher Kane and Marios Schwab.

On a chilly morning, way back in September, I was lucky enough to catch a sneaky peek of Meadham Kirchoff's SS10 mainline collection at London Fashion Week. Whilst sane people were sleeping peacefully at around 5.30am, my fellow intern and I stumbled out of our Addison Lee upon arrival at the venue. We arrived extremely early for the following show which we were working on, and watched bleary eyed from the side-lines as fashionista's flashed their tickets in anticipation. Shocking us out of our sleepy daze, a bellowing security guard demanded we stand by the bins, out of the way, as Anna Wintour was arriving any minute...diligently we ran, hid behind the garbage and held our noses...Oh the glamour! Anyway, I'm going off on a tangent, so here's a few of my favourites...

According to the Topshop blog, "This collection epitomises exactly what the Meadham Kirchhoff label has become loved for - incredibly beautiful, yet understated pieces that you won't find anywhere else!"
I need to go to Selfridges tomorrow to buy a friend's birthday present, so it would be silly not to go and have a look for myself seeing as I'll be passing. Purely for research purposes, however...but then I do need a new dress for that birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment