Tuesday 1 February 2011

Black Swan can do no wrong



Last week I went to see the much anticipated Black Swan, and can wholeheartedly say that it lived up to the hype - in fact it's my new favourite film. Whether you are a ballet fan, a lover of fashion, or simply a film fanatic, get your coat and go - now.

I'm sure (in fact I know) that I am not alone when I say that I love a good dance film, but Dirty Dancing / Honey / Flashdance this most certainly is not. Those in search of a cheesy chick-flick need not apply, Black Swan is far more than that and beautiful in every way. 

Natalie Portman's character is cast perfectly - well who else has the body of a ballerina without actually being one? - and the costumes are truly stunning, thanks to a little help from New York design duo Kate and Laura Mulleavy of Rodarte. (Quite how much involvement they had with regards to design is fast becoming a subject of controversy, see here...)

 Rodarte designer, Laura Mulleavy with Natalie Portman.

If the costumes aren't enough to hold your attention for the entire duration the gripping storyline sure will. Miss it, miss out!






No comments:

Post a Comment